At Emera Newfoundland & Labrador we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We work with our contractors to ensure that women, Aboriginal Persons, visible minorities and persons with disabilities have equal opportunity for roles in which they are qualified and have been traditionally under-represented in the workplace.
Our Diversity Plan establishes:
- positive policies and practices towards increasing business access and employment of under-represented groups,
- measures to recruit, retain and support individuals from under-represented groups,
- provisions in our labour agreements that specifically reference support of the Diversity Plan,
- collaboration and communication with stakeholders,
- commitment to a respectful workplace for all employees and contractors through proactive policies and training.
Emera Newfoundland & Labrador is committed to diversity initiatives across the Project, and all initiatives are undertaken in both Newfoundland and Labrador and Nova Scotia.